Sunday, February 22, 2009

When I Grow Up

So you've heard of The Knife, well the sister of the sibling duo Karin Elisabeth Dreijer Andersson has recently released her new side project Fever Ray and I have been listening to the album non-stop. It's mesmerising.

The sound is very similar to The Knife but with less searing synth and an overall less complex sound. I very much like it. This song (When I Grow Up) is one of my favourites and the video is particularly entrancing (and was only released a few days ago!)



It reminds me of the Vivienne Westwood collaboration issue of Dazed and Confused where she dressed up a bunch of kids as post-appocalyptic tribesmen (tribespeople?).

It makes me want to run away to Sweden, buy a vocoder Korg and start recruiting little people for an unstipulated - but of course - nature oriented cause!

This will happen.

You will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment